While opening a can of pumpkin puree is as easy as pie, we recommend trying it the old-fashioned way and making it yourself. It’s easier than you’d think and the final result is extra delicious. Here’s how to do it…
– Preheat your to 325 degrees.
– Cut pumpkin in half, slicing from the stem to the base.
– Remove the seeds and the pulp and discard.
– Cover each pumpkin half with foil and place on a baking tray, sliced sides up.
– Bake until tender when pierced with fork (this will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes). Remove from the oven and remove foil. Allow to cool slightly.
– Once cool enough to handle, use a large spoon to scoop out the soft flesh of the pumpkin. Transfer to a blender.
– Puree until smooth. Remove any long stringy bits and discard.
Use this pumpkin puree in baked goods, as a base for a classic pumpkin pie or even add it to savoury dishes such as soups and curries. Pair it with our Homemade Pumpkin Spice (a recipe we’re sharing later this week – stay tuned) for an unbeatable combination!