So you’re gearing up for your annual holiday party. You want to: 1) spend less time running around, and 2) make your party even more fun & festive.
Making everyone a custom drink can be very time-consuming. Instead, try this holiday party shortcut: serve one or two special recipes and stock up on beer and wine.
GINGER FIZZ COCKTAIL
50 g fresh ginger root, chopped
1 cup sugar
For Grown-Ups Only: Tequila & Grand Marnier (optional)
- Put sugar in a food processor & grind for 30 seconds on high.
- Place ginger, sugar and lemon slices into a pot with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
- Take off heat, leave to cool & strain.
- To serve, pour into a pitcher and top up with San Pellogrino. Garnish with lemon & lime slices.
CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY COCKTAIL
- Combine: equal parts Champagne cranberry juice.
- Add appropriate amount of Grand Marnier
- Garnish with fresh cranberries & lemon wedge