While you can’t go wrong with a classic mimosa—orange juice and sparkling wine are pretty much a match made in heaven—we like to step up our cocktail game around the holidays and try something new. Easter is a lovely time to host a spring-inspired brunch and this year we’re all about the Mimosa Bar. This is a customizable drink experience that looks beautiful arranged on a vintage bar cart or side bureau.
Here’s how to do it…
- Choose three juices, all different colours, and fill pitchers or glass jugs with each. We like blood orange juice, mango juice and grapefruit juice but any juices will work.
- Label each juice so guests know what they’re pouring.
- Crack open a few bottles of chilled sparkling wine (Italians prefer Prosecco) and keep them cold on ice.
- Serve in champagne flutes and encourage guests to pick-and-pour to their hearts’ content.
Other brunch cocktail options we love:
- The Bloody Mary is a time-honoured tradition. For an extra special version, grate a little fresh horseradish in each drink.
- Tipsy Tea is a southern take on the brunch libation. Mix vodka with sweet tea and finish with an orange wedge.
- Speciality coffees are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. For a sweet version, add a splash of liqueur to your morning java. For something a little stronger, add a shot of bourbon.