Hey Canada, it’s time to celebrate! There’s lots of things to do to celebrate our great nation. Hint: most of them involve goofing off and enjoying yourself. What a holiday! Below is a list of fun things you can try (check out our links for more information).
We’re closed on Canada Day, so make sure you visit us to stock up on all the nibblies you’ll need to celebrate the day. Our favourite pick? La Rocca’s amazing Canada Day Cake!
- Go to the beach. Use the holiday as an excuse to bake in the sun, enjoy the warm weather and cool water. Maybe this year you can visit a beach you’ve never been to before.
- Go to the park, fly a kite or walk your dog. Most Canadians spend this holiday outdoors so you will be able to take advantage of the summer heat and maybe make a new friend.
- Have your family and friends over for an old fashioned barbecue. Sip on beer and appreciate what it means to be Canadian.
- Go to your towns local parade. Show your pride by dressing up in all red and white, you will get extra points from your friends if face paint is involved.
- Go to a carnival. Eat fried dough, snack on cotton candy, drink beer, go on all of your favorite rides and play all the games.
- Look up local concerts in your area. Many cities and towns hold festivals where bands will play music at outdoor venues. (Look them up here.)
- Lounge by the pool and read a good book. Maybe have a nice cold ice cream (gelato!!) and enjoy the weather.
- Go for a ride in a hot air balloon. This fun activity lets you admire our beautiful country from thousands of feet in the air.
- Go to your local brewery or take a brewery tour. We love beer, so there is no better way to celebrate our birthday than to take a tour of your favorite brewery. Many of these tours are free and come with samples.
- Go camping. Take a couple days off of work and enjoy everything that the Canadian wilderness has to offer.
- There is nothing more Canadian than hockey. Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame. Take an exhibit tour and honor your favorite players.
- Go to a citizenship ceremony. There is nothing more patriotic than watching new citizens take an oath to love honor and respect our country.
- Go to your local fireworks show. There is nothing more beautiful and patriotic than watching the colorful explosions light up the sky.
- Go fishing. Ontario offers many kinds of fishing experiences. Though probably best known for its muskellunge waters and walleye (pickerel) fishery, Ontario is home to an astounding 160 of Canada’s 228 species of freshwater fish.
- Go on a bear watch. But be careful! Leave your picnic baskets at home.
- Go white water rafting. So much fun! The Ottawa river offers a variety of different difficulty levels so whether your a rafting pro or a rookie in search of an adventure rafting is always a fun activity.
Article source: http://www.canada-day.ca/activities/