While “Bon Appetit!” may have been Julia Child’s most famous saying, she had many other tidbits of wisdom and fun thoughts about food and cooking. We love her passion for food and wine and her unapologetic approach to the occasional mishap in the kitchen. Here are five of our favourite Julia Child quotes…
1. “People who love to eat are always the best people.”
2. “Cooking well doesn’t mean cooking fancy.”
3. “With enough butter, anything is good.”
4. “I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food.”
5. “Always remember: If you’re alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who’s going to know?”
Photo courtesy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child.